Saturday, October 27, 2012

First Prize Winner of the ASI-WAS Undergraduate Paper Prize in Human-Animal Studies!

After finishing my honors thesis at Brown University, I spent the larger part of last summer editing my paper. Because of the overly ambitious project I started, I wasn't able to resolve all of the issues I realized over the course of writing my thesis. After addressing these issues, then cutting it down, I submitted my paper to the first annual paper prize offered by the Animals & Society Institute last August.

I found out last month that my paper won the first prize!

Here is a link to the announcement as well as a short bio and my abstract.

My paper will be published in the next issue of the journal Society & Animals.

I will post a link to my article as soon as it's available! It's my first academic publication and I'm very excited to have won this award.

I'm also very eager to continue this line of study in my MA program at the University of Chicago. Midterms begin in less than two days and as soon as I go through the IRB process, I'll be starting fieldwork at a local cat shelter. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I encourage your own critiques, ideas, and suggestions. That's what makes blogs fun.